By Eoin Flynn
Ep 3 of Trail Running Ireland out now with a great interview with an athlete that oozes class on and off the mountains, #SarahMcCormack.
Ruairí Long brings us the latest trail and mountain running race news from home and abroad.
Running Coach Ireland – René Borg, talks to us this week about how now, might be the perfect time to put a plan in place to be stronger than ever once racing resumes.
(28m55s) For our feature interview, Eoin speaks with the best Irish mountain runner over the last 10 years and winner of the 2019 WMRA World Cup Trophy, Sarah McCormack.
Sarah talks to us about:
- Her great win in the World Cup Trophy
- Her approach to training and how she focused on her weak points to become a better and stronger runner
- Her decision to turn to the mountains despite winning a team European gold medal with the Irish Cross Country team and a whopping fast 15.49 over 5k on the roads.
- How even though she has 3 passports, she chose to run for Ireland and has never looked back
- Her thoughts on the development of Trail and Mountain Running for female athletes.
A big thanks to our show sponsor, EcoTrail Wicklow, taking place on Sept 26th 2020.
Get your running gear on, let´s go!
▶️▶️ Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify