By Eoin Flynn
Sponsored By: Ecotrail Wicklow
We are delighted to announce a new podcast for the Trail and Mountain Running Community in Ireland. The show is hosted by Eoin Flynn, UTMB Finish Line Race Announcer and 10 time Irish International Mountain Runner.
First up, Eoin is joined by fellow Irish International and winner of the EcoTrail 29k 2019, Ruairi Long, who brings us the latest race results and fixtures (yes there are some despite lockdown!).
UKA qualified mountain running coach and professional trail running guide and race director Rene Borg brings us some tips on how to train through lockdown. Rene can be contacted at www.runningcoach.ie
For our first feature interview, we speak with Irish Trail running legend, Columbia Athlete Eoin Keith. Eoin talks about:
- How he has adapted his training methods to stay strong during lockdown
- How what he has learnt from racing all around the world, is helping him get through the current situation.
- Eoin brings us through his hat trick of UTMB podiums in Argentina, France and Oman as he became the first Irish winner of an UTMB race
- Eoin also gives us his thoughts on the his own future racing plans and the future of Trail Running in Ireland
- Finally Eoin reveals his favourit place to Trail Run in Ireland!
The show is sponsored by EcoTrail Wicklow with a very cool soundtrack from Basic Needs with Trail runner Shane O ́Mahoney from Cork on drums.